Jieyun is a Partner in DaHui Lawyers’ Intellectual Property practice group who has accumulated extensive experience in IP disputes, covering cases involving infringement, invalidation, etc. of patents, trademarks, trade secret, and network-related and other copyrights as well as unfair competition. Over the years, Jieyun has represented various multinational companies and domestic enterprises in handling complex IP litigation and disputes. Jieyun has also led teams to pursue optimized IP portfolios and strategic operations for clients in Internet, telecoms, semiconductor, advance manufacturing, medical instrument, intelligence home, software, gaming, and other industries. Before joining DaHui, Jieyun worked at Fangda Partners for serval years.
Jieyun’s recent representations include:
- Represented ASUS to defend against a skilled NPE, and successfully won the cases, including completely invalidating the relevant patents.
- Represented Schaeffler Group in a series of patent infringement lawsuits in China and successfully won the cases, protecting its market share in the auto parts industry.
- Represented Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC to deal with multiple patent infringement litigations in China and won the cases.
- Represented a major coal chemical company in lawsuits against its competitor seeking huge compensation, before the Shanghai Intellectual Property Court, the Shanghai High Court, and the PRC Supreme Court, and won the cases.
- Represented a Finnish leading papermaking company in various patent litigation cases all over China and obtained favorable results.
- Represented 360 company in massive lawsuits filed by a copyright holder, and forced him to withdraw the cases.
- Represented Muji to initiate trademark infringement litigation in China and won the case.
- Represented a local fitness brand to defend against trademark litigation attacks from its competitor from the U.S.
- Represented a semiconductor manufacturing equipment provider from Israel in multiple patent litigations in China.
- Represented a network game company to protect its animated images, forcing competitors to quit the market.
- Represented InterDigital in a dispute over royalties for standard essential patents in China.
- Represented InterDigital to deal with various patent invalidation cases and successfully maintained most of the key patents.
- Represented Intel to defend against patent infringement litigations in China.
- Represented 2144 Gaming to negotiate with Adobe, successfully obtaining an exclusive license of Flash player.
- Provided patent- and trade secret-related due diligence services for a multinational group during its acquisition of a domestic steel company.
- Represented a top domestic optical fiber company to negotiate with a European industry leader, provided advice regarding patent infringement and anti-trust issues, and helped the client to enter the EU market.
- Advised a medical instrument company during its listing verification stage, dealing with challenges such as IP infringement litigations, invalidation requests, and negative publicity.
- Advised a domestic home appliances company on establishing a competitive patent portfolio.